Monday, December 8, 2008

Coupons, Peanut Stickers, and Telescopes

*Warning* Somewhat embarrassing material follows (we're talking tampons)

As you can see from the picture of my children, Michael loves all things pirates. He has been known to unravel entire rolls of toilet paper just for the cardboard tube. He calls it his boom stick, or sometimes it is his "noculars" or a telescope. Yesterday I came into my bedroom and he had gotten into my purse and some of my more personal feminine products. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "Making wittle, wittle, teeny, tiny, telescopes". You guessed it, he had opened my tampons and was using the cardboard tubing. I couldn't help but smile.

It actually reminded me of a time when Isaac and Sara were younger and Michael was just brand new. In a panic Isaac came running into the living room, distraught at the actions of his sister.
"Mom! Come quick! Sara has dumped out all your coupons and peanut stickers!"
"What? Coupons and peanut stickers?" I asked a little confused, "Where is she?"
"In the bathroom! Your coupons and peanut stickers are all over the floor, you need to come and see!"
So we go to the bathroom and there is Sara, sitting on the floor surrounded with coupons and peanut stickers. I started laughing hysterically. She had dumped out my tampons (coupons) and pantie liners (peanut stickers).

Oh the innocence of youth!

1 comment:

Janet said...

O.k. That is hilarious! I needed that laugh today! ~Janet